The Investment Trusts Handbook 2020 is a must-have compendium which provides investors of all kinds with a wide range of insights into how to invest in investment trusts – often referred to as the City’s best-kept secret.
With 25 articles by more than a dozen different authors, including analysts, fund managers and investment writers, and edited by independent financial author and expert Jonathan Davis, the handbook is an indispensable companion for anyone looking to invest in the investment trusts arena. Contributors include Robin Angus, John Baron, James Carthew, Sandy Cross, Susie Cummings, Alex Davies, Max King, Ian Sayers and many more.
The Investment Trusts Handbook 2020 is an editorially independent educational publication, available through bookshops and online. The publication is supported by: Aberdeen Standard, Fidelity International, Jupiter Asset Management & Polar Capital. We share an interest in spreading awareness of investment trusts as an option for self-directed investors and financial advisers.
As well as expert commentary, the handbook, now in its third year, includes an introduction to analysing investment trusts and a directory of all the largest trusts listed on the London stock market. More than 90% of the content this year is new or completely revised and updated from the last edition. Those that download the free e-book edition can also read additional commentary by Jonathan Davis, the editor, on the Woodford scandal, the performance of the Handbook’s model portfolio and other topical subjects.
Robin Angus, John Baron, James Carthew, Sandy Cross, Susie Cummings, Piers Currie, Alex Davies, Alex Denny, Clare Dobie, Simon Edelsten, Simon Elliot, Max King, Ben Rogoff, Ian Sayers, William Sobczak, Bruce Stout
Investment Trust Basics
Useful Sources of Information
Year in Review
– Month by Month in 2019
– Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Max King
– Not All Plain Sailing by Max King
– Can the VCT Market’s Resilience Continue? by Alex Davies
-Trusts and the Woodford Saga by James Carthew
– The Summer Portfolio by John Baron
– Tales of the Unexpected from The Hunter’s Tails
– Looking Ahead to 2020 – Q&A with Simon Elliott
– The View from the Centre – Q&A with Ian Sayers
– Could it Happen to Us? by Robin Angus
– Measure for Measure by William Sobczak
– Asia the Place to Be – Q&A with Bruce Stout
– What is the Future for Tech? – Q&A with Ben Rogoff
– Investing in an Age of Disruption by Simon Edelsten
– The View From Edinburgh by Sandy Cross
– The Role of the Board by Jonathan Davis
– Revolution in the Boardroom? – Q&A with Susie Cummings
– We Are All Marketers Now by Clare Dobie
– Back to the Future? by Piers Currie
– How Trusts Are Evolving – Q&A with Alex Denny
Analysing Investment Trusts by Jonathan Davis
eBook: FREE | Hardback – RRP: £24.99
“The book offers a unique insight into the industry and provides investors with a wealth of interesting views and ideas.”
Annabel Brodie-Smith, Communications Director, Association of Investment Companies
“This book is essential reading if you are serious about long term investing and want to use investment trusts to gain exposure to different parts of the market.